I was unable to work on uNmINeD in the summer, but now I’m back on track and already implemented a bunch of things. I have moved the project to .NET Core 3.0 because it supports both Span<T> and WPF. Span<T> gives better performance and cleaner code, and causes much less complications and headaches when implementing chunk processing and map rendering algorithms optimized for speed. I have also done some experiments with Forge and Fabric mods.
More info and new releases are coming soon.
uNmINeD for Minecraft 1.13+ was redesigned from scratch using some old code from the legacy version and new C# features like async/await. It’s based on .NET Core, so the command line version now can run on Linux and macOS. However, the GUI version still requires Windows 7 or later.
What to expect in the upcoming releases:
- Image export
- Dimensions (Nether, End, etc.)
- Load/Save map settings
- Configuration files for everything (map colors, custom blocks and biomes, etc.)
- Block filter
- Block highlighter/finder
- Block list
- Structures (villages, strongholds, etc.)
- Overlays (biomes, caves, errors, statistics, etc.)
- Biome based coloring
- Rendering using in-game textures
- Map tile cache (for fast zoom out)
- Chunk data viewer
- Support for older Minecraft versions from 1.2 to 1.12.2
Requests are welcome.
The command line version of uNmINeD now works on Linux using the .NET Core Runtime! The macOS build should work too (I don’t have a Mac to test on).